Email : email@example.com
Contact : +977-9849093540
Surendra is an Advocate licensed by Nepal Bar Council. He has extensive experience in corporate, foreign direct investment, cyber law, IT Law, labor law, information, communications and technology law (ICT Law) and civil and criminal litigation.
He primarily heads the litigation department of the firm.
Surendra has completed a 5 years B.A.LL.B. degree from Tribhuvan University, Faculty of Law, Nepal Law Campus.
Surendra has advised and represented foreign investors, telecommunication service providers, Internet Service Providers, multinational IT companies, national level newspapers, international hospitals and pharmaceuticals and various private individuals in corporate, civil and criminal matters.
Surendra is fluent in English and Nepali. He also has a working understanding of Hindi.
His recent experience includes representing and advising:
- National internet service provider in the courts of Nepal in connection with contract enforcement.
- Biratnagar Jute Mills in connection with general corporate compliance and litigation.
- NepalFlix in matter of copyright infringement of exclusive content through live streaming by unauthorized parties.
- Samsung India for matters relating to jurisdictional analysis for development and launching of My BP Laps application in Nepal
- Bidhana for advisory matters for the development of a healthcare application.
- Multinational IT company in matters relating to licensing of Payment Service Provider (PSP- License) and Payment Service Operator (PSO-License).
- Incorporation of a joint venture for setting up a Lab and Service Station for the testing and maintenance of gas cylinders.
- Multinational technology company in drafting and execution of terminals and cards purchase and services agreement.
- National software development company in matters of tender dispute against Government of Nepal.
- Civil servants in matters of employment disputes against the agencies owned by the Government of Nepal.
- Private parties against a local level body executive decision under writ jurisdiction.
- Local and foreign parties in matters of contract execution, cyber law, investor disputes, property disputes, corruption, land encroachment, libel, human and drug trafficking, and forgery case in the courts of Nepal.
Surendra has participated and organized various national and international Internet governance related programs such as Nepal Internet Governance Forum (Nepal IGF), Nepal School on Internet Governance (npSIG), Indian School on Internet Governance (inSIG) and Asia Pacific School on Internet Governance (apSIG).
Surendra is the Founding Member of multi-stakeholder group of Youth Internet Governance Forum Nepal and an active member in Global Internet Society, Internet Society Nepal Chapter (ISOC-Nepal), Internet Governance Institute (IGI), Forum for Digital Equality (FDI). Apart from civil and criminal litigation, he is recognized as a go-to cyber lawyer in Nepal for matters relating to cyber and information, communications and technology law (ICT Law).
Phone: +9779808811027, +9779849093540
Location: 4th Floor, Gravity Center (Big Mart Complex), Anamnagar-29, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
09:00 AM – 06:00 PM